A Valentine Mini Album // Part One

Valentine Mini Album // Part One // Album Cover
Valentine Mini Album // Part One // Album Cover
I'm so excited to be sharing my first mini album for 2014. To check out an overview of the entire album, hop on over to the Glitz Design Blog where I share some project details this morning. Here, on Analog Paper, I'll be going into the construction of my album in more depth.  At 37 pages, it's a thick little album and I want to share some of the multi media techniques I used to add interest to all my pages.  This is the first installment of a three part series.

We have a another snow storm hitting this afternoon so I have to run over to store and stock up on chocolate and other essentials. In the meantime, here are some closeups of my album and I'll be back a little later today with descriptions and supply lists for you!

I finally got to update my post! Check out all the details below . . .

The cover you see above is a simple chipboard construction that I embellished with Martha Stewart Metallic Finish Paint and the white paper heart is topped with cloth covered Thickers by American Crafts.

Valentine Mini Album // Part One // Page 1
Valentine Mini Album // Part One // Page 1
I kept the inside cover plain white and affixed handwritten typography from the Project Life Sunshine Collection. Using the digital kit, it was easy to modify the journal cards to suit my needs.

I used vellum to create a neutral base for the hand-cut triangle motif and underneath you can see my first foundation page. This page, along with the rest of album, was created using a range of Glitz Design Collections that I've listed at the end of this post.

Valentine Mini Album // Part One // Pages 2-3
Valentine Mini Album // Part One // Pages 2-3
The patterned papers are printed on Epson Matte Presentation Paper. The price is amazing and I love the results. The paper itself though is quite thin, which works for my Project Life layouts, but not so much for a mini album. To make my construction more sturdy, I adhered all my foundation pages back to back using MT Washi Tape.

Valentine Mini Album // Part One // Page3 Closeup
Valentine Mini Album // Part One // Page 3 Closeup
Throughout the album, I added Studio Calico Sundrifter Shapes wood veneers and Glitz Design word strips. I also used kraft paper to add photo mats making each page ready to go--all I have to do is add photos.

Valentine Mini Album // Part One // Pages 6-7 Valentine Mini Album // Part One // Pages 6-7
Valentine Mini Album // Part One // Pages 4-5
Though I love the look of mixed media art journals, I knew my paper was a bit too thin to accommodate the heavy weight Martha Stewart paint I have on hand. Instead, I used Photoshop to achieve the paint splattered effect you see throughout my album.

Valentine Mini Album // Part One // Pages 8-9 Valentine Mini Album // Part One // Pages 8-9
Valentine Mini Album // Part One // Pages 6-7
I also used Photoshop to add some of my own typography to the pages before printing them out.

Valentine Mini Album // Part One // Pages 10-11
Valentine Mini Album // Part One // Pages 8-9
In between these two pages, I've inserted "monogrammed" plastic pockets using The Pier plastic alphas by Crate Paper. I used these coin storage sleeves to make the plastic pockets and simply cut it down to size. As a finishing touch, I added the tiny acetate ampersand in the corner using the Carte Postale alphas by Basic Grey and a tiny Tim Holtz paperclip.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjtwZ6HdUE0otDfbKdWfMb3-v1hTdFZpexkh-fioUDdq5-Z4QcrJ0bxBwEVfJPW_XP1dfIfF7aMVrFxpZH8cn2heDFi7AXh9yEDful1VhA8rg9FOZXNjbnpecScFOnrMquPDxAEN2hxAXr6/s620/AP-Blog-ValentineMiniAlbum-07-a.jpg Valentine Mini Album // Part One // Pages 12-13
Valentine Mini Album // Part One // Pages 10-11
Here you can see more of my own typography printed directly on the page along with word art from the Project Life Midnight Collection. The white thread underneath my photo mat is adhered using glue because I love the look of messy stitches, but I'm way too lazy to actually use a sewing machine :)

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhGSlj5uKSJ16H1TPFO1y6BNFgLfE3n0UG9wYDMQtQmK-cPvFipoH_lF0NyFSvJsc2NMhHKX4oaYXE-Lo6tVm-D7mhgbuKyaZgRM1pQ49uNkQsZJ1jJ0qKRoOBl-oadUf2gafnklzVfqIIj/s620/AP-Blog-ValentineMiniAlbum-09-a.jpg Valentine Mini Album // Part One // Pages 14-15
Valentine Mini Album // Part One // Pages 12-13
These are the last two pages I'll be sharing today. You'll notice a lot of hand cut elements, which is a departure for me. I usually use my Silhouette to make my mini albums and it was a lot fun taking a more free form approach with this one.

I'll be sharing the rest of my album in my next couple of posts, but in the meantime, here is a supply list for the materials you see above!


1 comment:

  1. Love this album! Such an amazing and fun mix of patterns and colours. Came to your blog via Pinterest and so glad I did... now I have a lovely new blog to follow!

    ReplyDelete